Monday, September 13, 2010

Sarah Knox: Author P

So, I'm pretty sure I have found a drawn out area of the Bible written by Mr. P. I don't know if the rest of you have experienced this, but I was completely thwarted by the extensive descriptions of the tabernacle. I really don't know how many times we need to be told that a curtain is 50 cubits long. I found that I was pretty sure of this after being told once. Liss liss! Mr. P is mind-numbing and I actually fell asleep several times while reading this. But it gets better! After the tabernacle is built, every form of sacrifice and the reasons for such have to be repeatedly drilled into the reader's brain. I'm pretty sure every animal sacrifice involves the sinner, peace offerer, repenter, etc. putting his hand on the head of the doomed creature, then slaughtering it in front of the tabernacle, then burning the fat and blood for a "sweet savour unto the Lord." I realize the proper procedures while sacrificing are extremely important but I kind of felt like I was beating my head against a wall while reading it. I have not made the "mysterious mental maneuver" as of yet, but I assure you, I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment