Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Biblical Rythms

In reading the Bible, I have begun to create a method. Thanks to Leviticus, I have found a way to make myself read the details, no matter how repetetive they are, with a feeling danerously near to interest. Accepting that this was the way of writing, just as I have accepted multiple ways of writing in the past, I am now trying to train my brain to not drift as I sort through the endless passages of description. My last post about the subject was frustrated but I suppose I have realized that I have to calm down, stop worrying about the thousands of other things I need to do, and become rythmic. If I concentrate, the repetition of the sacrifices, descriptions of the tabernacle, and further descriptions of every aspect of the worship of the Lord, become similar to a steady drum beat and I can start to feel a rythm to what I'm reading. Also, if I use my inner priest-voice the rythm seems to become even more relevant. These words were meant to be spoken, more so than read, and by making the voice in my head change to something entirely different than what I am accustomed to, I can find meaning and importance in otherwise dull passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment