Thursday, October 21, 2010

Folklore In the Old Testament

I finally finished chapter 1 of Folklore and am relieved but confounded at the same time. Halfway through the chapter I realized I was reading this book and taking it in, but rather than learning the content, I was stuffing it into paradigms and systems wherein I could categorize the meaning. Basically, I was in-depth skimming. I feel I understand the basic aim of the first chapter, which would be to show the instances of creation within all cultures and how they relate to the Bible, but simultaneously I learned none of the stories and I find myself frustrated with this. For the sake of time, though, I will read on and hopefully return to this chapter at a later date to give it the time and attention it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment